Saturday 27 July 2013

Sharing Internet Over Another Router

Dear readers, today I have really simple but effective solution for you to share internet over another router as I did with mine.  As my place is big and sometimes I had problem in getting signals of my router when I am away from my room, where I have my main internet connection and phone cable...

I decided to connect another wireless router which should work like network hub/switch and I can connect to it when I am at the other side of the home...

Now after doing this I will have wireless internet access all over my place and where ever I go and sit having my laptop, I will not have any problem with the internet...

I decided to install another new modem through network cable and the setting were very simple which I want to share with you people...

First I changed the ip address of my modem from Advance Setup and then going to LAN option where you will usually find it as 192.168.1.1.

Now I did changed it to 192.168.1.50 and then went to DHCP settings and saw the DHCP was enabled which I changed to disable it...

Furthermore, I changed the password for this device by going to Management option cause I wanted to make it secure by not letting any person to login and ruin my modem settings...

Now the question is that why DHCP should be disable???

For your understanding and future memory, when DHCP enabled on second modem, every time when I will try to connect with the second modem, the IP address will be assigned from this modem which will not allow the IP request to go to the first modem which will have internet access...

When you disable the DHCP, the PC/Laptop is connected with second modem on wireless but the IP address is assigned from the first modem, which off course is connected with the internet and let your PC/Laptop access the internet...

Now the second device you connected will only work as hub/switch device and not modem...

Hopefully, this will help you and make your life more easier...

No comments:

Post a Comment